Featured Recipe #3
Deep Fried Pork Knuckle
Number of Servings: 6-8
- 1 large pork knuckles, front (pata)
- 2 pcs bay leaves
- Cooking oil for deep-frying
- 1 Tablespoon (15g) Fidel Hammer Meat Tenderizing Salt
- 1 Cup vinegar
- 4 Cloves garlic
- 1 Small red chili pepper
- Salt and pepper to taste (Place garlic and chili pepper in vinegar in a separate bowl allowing the flavors to mix)
- In a big casserole, boil the knuckle in water. Add Fidel Hammer Meat Tenderizing Salt and bay leaf to a pot with water.
- Cook until knuckle is tender or when the skin is slightly separating from the bone.
- Remove knuckle from boiling water, dry with paper towel and deep fry in the very hot cooking oil until crispy.
- Cut some chunks away from the knuckle.
- Slice into remaining meat.
- Serve hot with sauce for dipping.