Featured Recipe #2
Number of Servings: 8
- 1 kg pork rump or butt bamboo skewers
For the marinade
- 1/3 Cup of calamansi juice
- 1/3 Cup of soy sauce
- 2 Tablespoons finely minced garlic
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 Cup of catsup (preferably banana catsup)
- 1 Teaspoon ground black peppercorns
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 1 Tablespoons (10g) Fidel Hammer Meat Tenderizing Salt
- Rub two bamboo skewers together to smoothen them. Repeat for the rest. Wash with running tap water then soak it for at least 30 minutes. Prior to use to avoid burning in the grill.
- Slice the pork meat into 1/2 slices. Cut the slices into 2x3 pieces.
- Mix together all the ingredients for the marinade together with the Fidel Hammer Meat Tenderizing Salt and pour over the pork meat. Cover it and let it stand in the refrigerator for at least an hour.
- Drain the bamboo skewers and wipe with a clean kitchen towel. Thread the pork pieces, about 5 pieces per bamboo skewer. Reserve the remaining marinade for basting.
- Grill about 6 inches from live coals. Using a kitchen brush, baste with marinade every few minutes on both sides. To test for doneness, slice a piece of pork at the middle of the skewer. If the juices run clear, the meat is done